EN // FR // DE
Not signed in
Sign In / Sign Up
Welcome to the ‘Prison Valley’ web doc forums. This is the place where you can discuss prisons, share what you know and have a debate with other Internet users from around the world. And to experience the ‘Prison Valley’ film, click here.

Miscellaneous

• 1 Comment

The good side of Canon City

Im austin ive been living in Canon City all my life. I love it here down in Canon City. I love the snow in the winter and the sunny days in the summer. But its funny cuz out of all the people ive talk to that have come down here from diffrent places they all seem to love canon city. I understand why you want to do a prison documentry but wat i dont understand is why you journalists have to say all the lies about Canon City. There was lots of things u missed about the town. Things like the relaxing parks, the great schools, the amazing resturants. I have 5 brothers who have all worked out of state and they have all said that Canon City is one of the best towns to live in. In the winter u seen the amazing snow covered Rocky mountains and in the summer you see the Green fields and parks through out Canon City. But you journalists have to say things \\\"Canon City is the clean version of Hell\\\". But i think Canon City is the best next thing to Heaven. The Mojority of the video or movie was focused on Florence Colorado. Florence is a very old beat down city in colorado. But florence has one of the best high schools in the state.
    This was the first time ive ever heard Fremont County ever be called Prison Valley. The movie was complete bullshit and it hurts to have that said about my home. Canon City is safe,relaxing, perfect weather and this video lied about all of that. When i watched this video i thought wow these Journalist are really desparate

Posted by Austinparker114
    Jun 2nd 2010 (edited Jun 4th 2010)

Dear Austin,
    Thank you for your message. As you know, prison is not a trivial industry. It is a matter of points of view and perspectives. Just like the art of documentary is. This web documentary is not about judging any of its inhabitants, on the contrary. It's not about criticize your gorgeous landscapes and parks, that you have beyond doubt. But it’s about trying to understand a system. To understand how a country we love, the United States of America, can incarcerate one out of a hundred of its citizens. our film is not a sightseeing brochure. There are 13 prisons in Fremont county, right ! It's just what our movie is talking about. We really think of the role of the journalists and authors is to be involved, to think outside the boundaries of permissible thought, to cross the line, open the debate ( like in this kind of forum) and dare to say things that no else will say.
    For more informations about this project please take a time to read our FAQ : http://prisonvalley.arte.tv/en/forums/discussion/139/our-answers-to-the-residents-of-fremont-county-faq/
    Thanks again.

1 to 2 of 2

Prison Valley Forums, powered by Vanilla 1.1.10.
ContactsBlogTerms of useLegal notice